If you want your teeth straightened without the discomfort and look of traditional braces, Invisalign from Beverly Hills cosmetic dentist Dr. LeSage can help. And people won’t notice you’re wearing them.
What Is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a technology that uses CAD/CAM technology to create a series of virtually invisible custom aligners. It aligns teeth more comfortably and precisely than traditional braces—in half the time. Each set of aligners will gradually move your teeth to a new position.
Why Should You Straighten Your Teeth?
About 74 percent of American adults have misaligned teeth (malocclusion). It’s more than a matter of appearance—it’s a health issue. Malocclusion can affect your periodontal (gum) health. Properly positioned teeth are easier to brush and floss than teeth that are crowded, crooked, or spaced too far apart. Properly aligned teeth can help gums fit more tightly around them, which may lead to better periodontal health. With maintenance of good oral hygiene, the chances of having plaque retention, tooth decay or periodontal disease can be reduced.
When Is It Used?
Invisalign is used for simple or complex cases and is particularly popular with adults who don’t want to be seen with braces on their teeth. It is effective for a variety of alignment issues, including:
- General misalignment
- Open bite
How Does Invisalign Work?
- Your first appointment will include an examination and photographs.
- After we scan your teeth, gums, and jaw with an intraoral camera, Dr. LeSage will show you a digital version of how Invisalign can improve your smile.
- He will use the 3D model from the scan to map your tooth movement and develop a treatment plan for aligning your teeth.
- The Invisalign lab will make a series of customized aligners based on the treatment plan and model.
- Dr. LeSage will ensure the aligners fit well and will trim them as needed.
- When you first put on a set of aligners, it is normal to feel discomfort and extra pressure for a few days until your teeth shift to the new position.
- You’ll wear each set of aligners for 20-22 hours every day for seven days. It ensures your teeth move to a new position and allows time for the ligaments to adjust.
- For complex tooth movements, small notches might be temporarily attached to your teeth to increase the grip of the aligners so they can more effectively move your teeth.
- Every six to eight weeks, you’ll have a checkup appointment.
- After you’ve worn all of your aligners, you’ll have a gorgeous smile.
Why Choose Invisalign over Traditional Braces?
- Fewer checkup appointments
- No metal, brackets, or wires
- Precise tooth movement
- Removable for you so there are no eating restrictions
- Oral hygiene is much easier
- Very comfortable
- Virtually invisible
How Long Is Treatment?
Treatment with Invisalign typically lasts 6 to 12 months. Your treatment time depends on your specific needs and the complexity of your case.
Caring for Invisalign
Each night after flossing and brushing your teeth, you should rinse your aligners, gently brush them, and then wear them overnight. You have to wear the aligners at least 22 hours a day for them to work. There is a cleaning solution that is designed for use with clear braces to keep them fresh and clear.
Interested in Clear Braces?
If you would like to know if Invisalign is right for you, call us to schedule an appointment or complete our Request an Appointment form.