Porcelain veneers from Dr. LeSage of Beverly Hills will give you the smile you want. They can change the shape, color, and alignment of your teeth to whatever you want. Each new smile is carefully designed to complement your facial features and oral anatomy and capture the look and personality you want to project.
What Are Porcelain Veneers?
Thin shells of porcelain are precisely made to fit over the fronts of your teeth. Porcelain is the material of choice because of its strength and its esthetic properties that can be manipulated to mimic the shade, translucency, and gloss of natural teeth. Porcelain is harder and more stain resistant than tooth enamel and, if veneers are done well, creates a smile that looks so natural, no one will know you had work done.
When Are They Used?
Porcelain veneers can improve your smile and conceal many types of imperfections, including:
- Poor shape
- Chips or cracks
Dr. LeSage’s Process
Dr. LeSage will bond a thin shell of custom-made porcelain to each treated tooth. But before that, he follows a meticulous process to ensure you’ll love the look and feel of your new smile. What’s involved?
- With a thorough examination, ensure your teeth and gums are healthy
- Carefully listen as you describe your goals for your smile
- Review any pictures you bring as examples of smiles that you like
- Take photographs of your face and mouth
- Record the current function, position, and characteristics of your oral anatomy and teeth to ensure that he places each veneer in the optimal position
- Analyze your tooth shape and size
- Create models of your teeth
- Create a digital or wax model of your new smile for you to examine and request adjustments in tooth shape, size, or shade to match your preferences
- Consult with his master ceramist who will eventually sculpt your porcelain veneers
- Conservatively prepare your natural teeth to preserve the maximum amount of your natural enamel and enable a secure long-lasting bond. This minimal preparation is more conservative than what’s offered by most dentists. Read our porcelain veneer preparation page for details.
- Place provisional (temporary) veneers on your teeth so you can try out the look and feel
- After you’ve decided you love the provisional smile makeover, will have the porcelain veneers crafted to the same look
Update to Preparation Design 1 and Clinical Concepts Using the LeSage Veneer Classification System, Journal of Esthetic and Restorative Dentistry Volume 32, Issue 2, February 25, 2020, LeSage, Brian P.
Establishing a Classification System and Criteria for Veneer Preparations, Compendium of Continuing Education in Dentistry June 2019 RN, Brian LeSage, DDS
Dr. LeSage includes your input throughout the smile design process. He will ensure you love the model veneers before his master ceramist makes your porcelain veneers. So when it’s time to try on the final product, you’ll be excited—not nervous—about how they will look and feel. When you’re confident that you love your porcelain veneers, Dr. LeSage will bond them to your teeth.
A Beautiful Smile You’ll Love
Dr. LeSage’s process makes it easy to understand how he can guarantee that you’ll love your smile makeover with porcelain veneers. As an instructor in dental esthetics at UCLA and with fellowships in the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry and the American Academy of Esthetic Dentistry, Dr. LeSage is knowledgeable and experienced in designing personalized smiles that are in harmony with your face, lips, and mouth.
If you’re interested in learning how porcelain veneers can transform your smile, call us to schedule an appointment or complete our Request an Appointment form and we will call you.