1. Full-mouth x-ray series (FMS) – If your prior dental experience did not include an FMS, or the FMS is not complete or diagnostic in nature, we recommend another to be taken. This is a crucial procedure because according to the ADA, dental pathology is visible on 90% of FMS.
We have believed in and enforced eco-friendliness in our office for many years. Our office has utilized digitized radiography since the 1990s, which means no disposal of lead or toxic x-ray developing solution. Your x-rays are no longer featured on film or processed with chemicals that are unsafe for the environment. Instead, they are taken by computer. The advantages of digitized radiography are:
- 80-90% less radiation exposure to you
- Larger diagnostic images
- Images that can be modified or enhanced
- Electronic transfer to a referring dentist for a second opinion
2. Dental articulator – Study models are mounted on an articulator. This is the only way for the clinician to thoroughly diagnose your occlusion/bite and esthetics and determine the best position and outcome of your case.